Nature Play Day
Training with Bienenstock Natural Playgrounds educators.
Nature Play Day offers a professional development package on-site that adds children into the mix. Our mentorship program allows educators to witness the simplicity and benefits of providing tools, loose parts, and provocations in their playground into real learning experiences. Promoting the benefits of outdoor unstructured free play while providing coaching in context has been a successful mix that allows even the biggest skeptic to become an advocate for outdoor play all year long.
Staff can expect the following:
- An introduction to using real tools to support outdoor unstructured free play.
- Fun ideas for nature play that our educators can easily implement.
- An overview of natural materials, such as seasonal loose parts, as provocations for outdoor learning.
- New ways of using our playground components to encourage healthy child development.
- An introduction to activities that support how weather can be the ultimate loose part all year long.
Nature Play Day Schedule
Mentorship training involves an evening workshop with staff (6:30 – 8 pm), followed by a practical morning workshop with both children and staff the next day. (7:00 – 1:30 pm)
6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Evening workshop with staff detailing how to support Outdoor Unstructured Free Play. We will focus on streamlining your loose parts and tools to support outdoor play opportunities for all age groups.
7 am – 8:30 am
Outdoor areas are set up with loose parts and tools to support child-led play for toddler and preschooler playgrounds.
8:30 am -11:30 am
Bienenstock team coaches educators while using the outdoor space(s) with cohorts. The centre creates the schedule. 60 – 90 minute sessions are preferred with each group.
11:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Debrief of the morning with a Bienenstock educator (optional for staff who can attend)
Outdoor Workshops with Educators & Children
Please fill out the form below to request more information.