Rock painting is a fun and creative activity. Later in the season when constructing your garden, it can generate a sense of ownership and pride.
- Rocks; fist-size
- Acrylic paint
- Muffin tin for paints
- Paint brushes
- Wash bin filled with water and a towel
- Cups of water for rinsing paint brushes
- Rags for wiping up paint brushes when needed
Rock Painting Instructions:
- Search for rocks and stones in your backyard.
- Wash your findings.
- Inside or outside paint your rock with acrylic hobby paint
- Place on a tarp to dry
- Add your name or motivational word with a paint marker, crayon, or ‘Sharpie’
- Why not give your rocks personalities? Check out Aaron Zenz’s article.
- Place rocks in your garden, or around the yard (safely) afterwards. This makes for additional fun, creating a scavenger hunt for the kids!